The Three Strand Cord

Ecclesiastes 4:12 "if one can overpower him who is alone, two can resist him. A cord of three strands is not quickly torn apart." This blog is a forum for 3 of the Paris brothers to discuss stuff. Everyone is welcome to join in the discussion--in the abundance of counselors there is victory -Proverbs 11:14

Sunday, April 01, 2007

A Voice from the Left

Men and Brothers,

I am a bit frustrated by the left moniker that I have gained through Todd's blogmastering. I trust that it is only b/c of my geographical loaction and not the theological bent. I trust that this site will indeed cause all of us to focus on the full-time occupation of Christ-following.
I assure you that it was just greographical in bent, but a good-natured jab none-the-less. The header is totally open for revamping /modification. We can drop the view from Paris and just call it "the three strand cord" and put the verse in the description. I'm cool with that.

May I suggest topics 1. and 2.?

1. The name. I like the "three strand cord" motif. Even better if we could ever figure out how to get some rope border along the edge. Could our header include a translation of the three cord Ecclesiastes statement? And not the brother bio? By the way, if Dad adds to the group as a regular contributor, maybe we should be called "four-squares" [allusion to the interplay of the playground game, not the social standing of any of the contributors]

2. A statement from one of the left wing books that I am teaching in SS right now.
"Businesses, if they’re going to be successful for the long haul, must pull their attention off of themselves and refocus their energies on their only reason for existence – to serve their customers.” Can we substitute "churches" for "businesses"? Is the marketing model appropriate to apply to the church? Why or why not? Yes this will do for starters. I wil copy it and make it a new post.

Thanks for the invite Todd,
Mike
Thanks for joining the discussion, I figure if we can't live the dream of ministering together in person yet, at least we can blog together. -Todd

1 Comments:

At 2:48 PM, Blogger Pastor Mike Paris said...

3rd,
Nope; I believe his discussion with me was "i don't have time to blog or email or the like on the internet" One begs the question then, when do you find time to e-bay? But I will refrain from poking the poor lad in the eye!
I say we certainly can add another brother. Then, if Dad joins we can be "The Penatgon"! THus, the response, I'm writing for the Pentagon or I'm working at the Pentagon, etc. :)
#1

 

Post a Comment

<< Home